Search This Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Reminder before Delivering your Lawn Bowl: Visualize, Length, Line, Slow, Step, Smooth (VL2S3)





I wanted some mantra that would remind me just before each delivery of the most important elements of good performance. For me, it is six words.

Visualize
 Visualize the path of the bowl going from your hand to its intended target point. This helps fine-tune your rhythm speed.

Length  
Look carefully at the jack distance. Which is the closest of your natural lengths to this distance?

Line
Find and stare at your aim point on your aim line.

Slow 
This reminds me that the backswing is slow like drawing the bow in archery.

Step 
This reminds me that I need to firmly plant my advancing foot before the forward arm motion begins.

Smooth
 This reminds me that the motion needs to be smooth, not jerky, if it is going to be reproducible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your own insights and experience.