Search This Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Blogging in 2017




                           Author and wife at Vilamoura LBC winter 2016


This New Year’s Eve, my wife and I will once again fly off to Vilamoura Portugal to spend the next three months, until the ice and snow of winter start to depart from southern Canada. I have the understanding with my wife,  that she can go anywhere she wants to travel for the winter so long as there is lawn bowling there! We are going back to the Algarve in Portugal because, for a stay of several months, it is the most economical cost when both travel  and living expenses are taken together.

Once again we will be bowling out of two bowls clubs: the Vilamoura LBC  in Vilamoura, and the Valverde LBC in Almancil. The Vilamoura club will lend you bowls. The Valverde club rents you bowls for one Euro. If you don't mind bowls with a standard draw there is plenty of choice. If you want narrow bowls, you had best bring your own. I have no problem using what is available. Both clubs are very welcoming, operate in English entirely, and have lovingly cared for greens. The temperature range beside the ocean in the Algarve region is 12-19 °C which is just jacket or sweater weather for Canada.  Precipitation is only sporadic and transient. There is rarely a day with persistent all day rain.


 I will be taking my computer with me so that I can continue my blogging from Portugal. Talk to you all from there starting in January.  

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to Europe again, Clarke. I've still got four months to go to the start of the 2017 outdoor season. ~:o(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, when does the bowls season begin in England? Some year I'll hang around until England opens.
      Clarke

      Delete
  2. Clarke, I used information from this page to create my blog of answer to your question on patience. see http://ishi-in-sn.blogspot.ca/2017/01/catch-up-bowls.html any objections and blog can be edited.. Enjoy Nice bowls info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Exposure! You are welcome to anything that is useful.

      Delete
  3. Unfortunately the Vilamoura bowls club is closed hopefully just temporarily. The Valverde lbc which is the next closest has had an influx of transferred bowlers who call themselves the Exiles!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your own insights and experience.