Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Lawn Bowls Ramp

 



For several years now I have been looking for a place to purchase a lawn bowls ramp. Recently I saw one on the lawn bowls Youtube video, “Lawn Bowls for Fun” from Alec Sharman. Apparently, it belongs to the Camberley and District Indoor Bowling Club. I provide a screenshot from Alec's video edition #23.


I have asked Alec about the provenance of this machine and he is making inquiries but it is unfair to put all the burden on him. I am hopeful that one of my own blog readers can help.


I want to use such a device to introduce new bowlers to the concept of bias. Using it, they will immediately recognize that the curving of the bowl is not some sort of ‘English’ twist that is applied by the bowler. Furthermore, I will be able to illustrate that the same angle of delivery can be used from wherever the mat is placed; whether at the T or close to the hog line and the same angle of delivery can be used whether it is a short or long jack.


If you know how one could acquire such a device please provide some information in the comment section.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I hope this may help you here is a link for a bowls chute. https://www.bushhillbowls.co.uk/store/bowls-coaching-chute/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you find one if so could you share the info

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you find one could you please share the info or email me at sharkey.1@btinternet.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi people
    Did anything come of this post?

    ReplyDelete

Please share your own insights and experience.