Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Reaffirming David Bryant’s Secret for Line & Length at Bowls

 



Some ideas are useful. A few ideas are extremely useful. The “few” can get tangled up and hidden in the “some”! The Greenbowler blog’s objective is to bring forward suggestions for how regular bowlers with ambitions to excel can speed up the process and avoid wrong thinking.


Some time ago I drew my viewers' attention to a lawn bowls instructional video presented by David Bryant and pointed readers toward a small section where Bryant explains precisely what he is doing when he sets himself on the mat and gets ready to deliver his bowl. You can call up that blog article here and that blog provides a link to the actual Bryant video.


I said then and I repeat with more emphasis and more evidence now that I have found that the procedure Bryant teaches enabled me, today, at the Willowdale Lawn Bowling Club, to improve both my line and my length control in a practice session to an astonishing degree.


I thus elevate his teachings to one of the few extremely useful ideas!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your own insights and experience.