Search This Blog

Thursday, June 26, 2014

When You Just Don’t Hit Your Stare Point







I just finished a friendly pick-up game where I bowled very badly. The question the result elicits is “What should you check immediately if you are not hitting your stare point?”

For me the most likely suspects are:

1)           I am not setting my advancing foot on the ground before beginning the forward sweep of my bowling arm.


2)           I am drawing my bowling arm back too quickly so that it does not go back along the aim line.

P.S.


In the same game, I was playing against a seasoned bowler who always plays lead. He sets the mat at the 2-meter mark and sends the jack to within two meters of the ditch. With such groove bowlers, it is important to take them away from their game. Set the mat anywhere except the standard two meters from the back ditch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your own insights and experience.