Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Best Lawn Bowls Competition Videos

As a novice lawn bowler situated in Canada where the greens are now covered with snow, I watch a lot of bowling videos, waiting until December 27th when my wife and all head off for nearly three months in Sydney Australia where we will have kindly been invited to bowl at the Turramurra Lawn Bowling Club.

As a Christmas present for my followers I offer my two favorite lawn bowling videos for your entertainment and instruction. The first climaxes with some of the most amazing shots directed at a jack in the ditch that you will ever see. The competitors Greg Harlow and Alex Marshall are so impressed with each others excellence that you see them congratulating each other even before the match is decided. I particularly like Alex Marshall's abbreviated follow through and controlled steps following each bowl. Greg Harlow's delivery is the smoothest most classical delivery I think you will see.  The match is the  2011 World Championship semi-finals.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB_r0fvcYcc

The second video match features what I feel is the most dramatic drive shot artist in the world, Canada's Ryan Bester. This match features the most dramatic shot I have ever viewed. This match is the World Cup 2007 Australia Vs Canada 2nd Semi -final

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXRxWzL2Amw

Enjoy and Seasons Greetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your own insights and experience.