Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2016

Comparison of Aero 3.5 Sonic with Taylor 3 Vector VS on Outdoor Synthetic at James Gardens



I just received my new Aero bowls with the indented Z grip. I took them to James Gardens and compared them with my old Vector VS bowls. I can deliver each along the same initial path. My aim point in each case is the number sign on the adjacent rink. At the hog line they have taken the exact same path. If there is a difference in the trajectory at which they enter the head, it is very difficult to detect because the weight of the two deliveries being compared would need to be exact.

What I can say is that my grip is more secure on the Vector VS  because my fingertips can sink into the small circular indents, while with the Z grip it is only skin that enters the zig-zag lines. This was a surprise to me since I thought the indented grooves would help the gripping.

What seems evident though is that for people who palm their bowl as opposed to using some variant of claw grip, the grooves on the Aero bowl will help to stabilize a bowl in their hand.

2 comments:

  1. Grips are definitely a comfort issue with bowlers. I gravitated to Greenmaster and Drakes Pride because of the grips. Being comfortable while starting the bowling movement definitely helps confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you grip a bowl as taught by Nev Rodda https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dr5UQ6XeB0 the indented grip provides an addition advantage. The"C" of your thumb and index finger nicely fits into the indent.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your own insights and experience.